Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's the End of The World as We Know It


Snowpocolyse, Snowmaggedon, and today: Snowzilla vs. Flakenstein Grudgematch. The mid-atlantic region has recently looked a lot like Alaska (if only Rafa could pull a sled) with record breaking snowfalls blanketing the area. Aside from taking Rafa for snow romps, I was left with a LOT of time to fill this weekend. I have mentioned before that TV sometimes struggles to hold my attention (exceptions of course for Glee, The Wire, Real Housewives of NJ) and now a new unlikely TV hero has arrived to rescue me from hours of snowbound boredom: Patty Stanger. That's right, my friends at Bravo have brought me a little present in the form of The Millionaire Matchmaker. One episode and I was HOOKED. From "sex-toy dave" to the botox ridden "superficial bitch" the entertainment just doesn't stop.

We are supposed to get another 12-18 inches of snow, and while I could spend the snowday saving our schools I will instead be praying for a Millionaire Matchmaker Snowmathon.

Edited to add: I was so caught up in relaying my love of Millionaire Matchmaker that I forgot to tell you all about Rafa's future as a search and rescue dog. Rafa's nose is second to none, he can sniff out the dog park and discarded chicken wings from a block away. During our wintry walk on Saturday, he was burrowing his little snout into a three-foot snowbank with purpose! I commented to my walking companion that he clearly had the makings for a search and rescue dog, and all this without ANY training. After nearly a minute of determined pursuit, Rafa resurfaced with his rescue: a raw, semi-frozen chicken cutlet. So provided the would-be victims of the next natural disaster strap themselves with raw poultry before being buried alive by rubble....Rafa to the Rescue!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You recognize, people unceasingly make comments when anything is predicted to take place in 2012, like “fairly that is if the age is still here.” You do effectuate that the Mayans predict the creation will finish on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all strong if anything is booming to encounter in 2012 there is solitary the slimmest conceivability that the everybody will have ended before it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]doomsday 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012