Thursday, December 4, 2008

Candy House 08


This creed governs the work my family does every year on the day after Thanksgiving. It is a holiday tradition that rivals anything Martha Stewart can come up with. It is: Candy Houses. But much like any endeavor my family takes, it is done with our own unique style. For one, we can not be bothered with the architectural limitations of standard gingerbread so we, instead, rely on meticulously constructed cardboard frames (as pictured in the "before" photo).

Despite the Better Homes and Gardens appearances of our fine holiday tradition, competition is what drives us to confection perfection. Where some families have warmth, we have acerbic wit. Where other families have support and tenderness we have cut throat competition. Where some families have "at least we're all together" we have I will hurt you if you don't give me back that pez.

Though there was no official judging of the candy houses this year. I had the best house. YAY! I love winning!!!!!
Before
A Work in Progress

The Winning House (oh, and my teammate alex)
The Magical Candy City

2 comments:

nicegirlfromthemidwest said...

ah-ma-zing.

Unknown said...

So false - mine was the best!! And you cheated, too!!