Wednesday, January 21, 2009

At Last

I have really tried to stay away from political discussions here. It's not that I don't like engaging in them (I do) it's just that they can tend to be kind of a downer and they are rarely funny (especially since Sarah Palin has been evicted from the limelight). But I can't resist. I have a gigantic crush on the First Family. The political policies of the Obama administration tend to align pretty solidly with my own beliefs, but that is really secondary here.

I am IN LOVE with a woman who dresses her two girls in CrewCuts for the inauguration. Sealing J.Crew's place in American history (I'd like to think I've played a not insignificant role in that as well). The first lady herself even sported some leather gloves made by J.Crew to cradle Lincoln's bible beneath her husband's hand.



Just when I thought my admiration for this couple and their family had reached it's zenith... I come to learn that they had my idol and role model Beyonce (makes me wonder if that little Sasha Obama's middle name might be Fierce) sing At Last for their first dance. Although I enjoyed Obama's inaugural address, the site of those two dancing together to my girl B brought me to tears. Yes We Can.
When this family finally gets that puppy, I may just need to move in.

5 comments:

Sean said...

I don't think you're alone. I think America is in love with the Obamas.

Carly said...

Are you calling me unoriginal?

nicegirlfromthemidwest said...

J.Crew is pretty obsessed with them, too. I got two emails from their PR director during the Inauguration Day festivities alerting me to the crewcuts coats and J.Crew gloves. Ain't that America.

Sean said...

Trust me when I say, the word "unoriginal" doesn't really come to mind when describing you or this blog.

I was just merely pointing out that most of America probably echoes your sentiments. Hell, I am in love with the Obamas - Michelle and Barack truly look happy together and Malia & Sasha really seem to be loving the moment. I find it refreshing to see.

Ross Gibson said...

Wow, that was really touching. Off to J.Crew