Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Less Good Morning America


Each morning, after a dog walk and shower I sit down to eat my oatmeal, drink a cup of coffee, and watch a little morning TV. It is a time for Rafa and I to discuss what we have on the day's agenda and catch up on current events and the weather. For a long time my morning TV of choice was the Today show on NBC. I like Matt Lauer, LOVE Meredith Vierra, and Ann and Al don't offend me too much. But what I realized after a while of watching Today every morning is that 98% of the show is spent talking about "what's up right after the break" and about 2% of the show is spent on actual segments. You don't really notice at first, it's easy to get lost in the casual banter between Matt and Mer. But when you only have 12 minutes to watch and are actually interested in seeing the segment they were talking about when you first tuned in...you f-ing notice that they don't ever get to it!

My frustration grew and grew until I finally did it. I switched to GMA. I loved Dianne Sawyer's good looks and easy way with the guests. I was developing a small but growing crush on Chris Cuomo, and I knew it was time to get ready for work when that insufferable d-bag Sam Champion comes on...the show is not without its imperfections. But just as I was settling into my new routine and new friends at GMA they totally changed everything!

I tuned in on Monday to see hat instead of a lovely, blonde Sawyers next to Robin there was this little elfin creature. Mr. Stephanopoulos looks like a child sitting on that couch and I would not be the least bit surprised if his feet don't touch the ground. And at the news desk instead of the handsome Mr. Cuomo there is this lady named Ju Ju who Robin called Choo Choo (like a train) at one point. No one can possibly like this new arrangement.

I don't know what I am going to do.

3 comments:

Poops said...

Who you tellin', Audj?

Nancy said...

Look at the photo - George is standing on his toes....allthe others are leaning over.

Kori said...

The minute Diane and Chris left, I switched entirely to Morning Joe. I flip back to GMA at 7:26 for local weather.