Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Pants

Just when I thought the didn't make quality films anymore a gem like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 comes along and surprises me. In a surprisingly full theater I sat in the front row with my aunt, uncle, and cousin (great pick jen) and watched as this beautiful film about four young women unfolded before me.

They laughed, they cried, they fell in love and when they would look as though they were about to veer off course I knew it wouldn't be long before those pants instilled some sense in them and they were back on track.

Furthermore, these girls seems to be loaded and are not bothered by the typical constraints of reality. You loose your pants, of course the natural response is to book flights for the next day to go to Greece to find them. I think other films would be a lot better off if the didn't worry so much about plausibility...it's really kind of a drag.

On my list of things to do today after running and possibly while poolside is read the first pants book. With a sequel this good I can only imagine how amazing the original is.

3 comments:

kjd said...

Have you seen the first movie? I sat captivated, alone, and watched every.single.minute.

And then cried at the end...

Carly said...

it has appropriately been moved to the top of my netflix queue. goodbye pres. bartlett, sam, josh and CJ hellow lena, carmen, tibby, and bee!!

Ross Gibson said...

Brie made me watch that movie and I almost cut off my own ear.