Monday, August 18, 2008

Wild World of Tennis


It has been a big week in the world of tennis, I hardly know where to begin. Let's start with the Olympics. Roger Federererer once again demonstrated that the last four years of his supposed tennis supremacy have been nothing but a joke, a facade, a ruse distracting fans from the Nadal's greatness. He blew it, AGAIN, in the Olympics...opening the door (not that he needed it) for my Rafa to grab gold. I realize the Olympics are supposed to be a great time of nationalism and zealotry for one's country, but I think the only way I could have been happier was if I had won the gold myself. As if growing up on a small island off the cost of Spain and making it all the way to Olympic gold wasn't enough: my boy Rafa is finally No. 1 in the world!!!!! Even Michael Phelps realizes this guy's greatness.

Rafa wasn't the only one picking up victories this weekend. My coach and I won our first doubles match on Saturday. Our opponents were tough but with my serve and my coach's hustle they were no match. Our arsenal of skills, tricks, and moves proved too much. Watch for me in 2012 in London. If Dara Torres can do it, so can I!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's with your dislike for Federer? At least he doesn't pick his anus before and after every play.

Carly said...

It's more about LOVING rafa than disliking Federerer. I feel the need to be absolute about my devotion, leaving no room for shades of gray concerning Rafa's chief rival.

Please leave his ticks and quirks out of this.