Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween.


This weekend I missed out on the Phillies mayhem here to celebrate Halloween in NYC. Despite a terrific suggestion to go as my male twin Cole Hamels, party dress code requirements dictated that I dress up as a pirate.

What they say about NYC is true, they really do have everything there. My co-pirate and I were able to cobble together a complete pirate outfit in less than one hour, not stepping foot in an actual costume shop. Due to limited resources and options and following modern halloween custom, our outfits ended up being some sort of cross between pirate and prostitute. My pirate skirt, for example, was a random piece of red fabric dug up from the closet and secured around my waist with 2 safety pins. It barely stood up to a mild breeze and certainly would not have been sea-worthy.

Dressed as sea sluts, we ventured to Brooklyn to partake in the pirate festivities planned for the evening. There were good costumes, great wine, and an impromptu (and in retrospect ill-advised) rum tasting.

Argh.

2 comments:

Ross Gibson said...

I don't think you look slutty at all in that picture.

Carly said...

the picture was shot from a very flattering angle. trust me, i looked like a real ho in person.