Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tweet Tweet


I am not sure if writing the post I am about to write makes me incredibly tech-savvy or a gigantic loser with far too much time on her hands. But I felt I needed to join the public debate on the new facebook layout. That's right, I am blogging about facebook being too much like Twitter.

When FB first rolled out the new format it appeared that everyone was quite up in arms. To be honest, though, I didn't even notice. Everyone said Facebook should stop trying to be Twitter and just be happy being Facebook...uhhh ok, whatever that means.

But now I get it!

So,, the new FB layout with its constant stream of updates seeks to keep me informed with up to the second information about my "friends". Well one of my "friends"is this kid I went to middle school who was nice and nerdy when he was 11 but is now a huge tool whose status updates invariably make mention of his mixed marshall arts workouts. He is also fond of posting pictures of his tattoos and him and his "boyz" standing in front of cars. In between his grueling workout and photoshoot schedule he managages, somehow, to find the time to take EVERY FLIPPING FACEBOOK QUIZ IN EXISTANCE. I know what city he would be, what animal, even what sex position he would be. I can not ESCAPE him. FB has me trapped in this kid's world! I used to find his occasional updates really amusing but the incessant stream has made me numb and annoyed.

I hate you new facebook.

1 comment:

nicegirlfromthemidwest said...

I concur. I really don't care about what city or what marrying age my co-worker should be when I didn't want to accept their friend invitation in the first place but if I didn't it would be awkward and now they're clogging up my news feed and knocking out the updates of people that I might actually care about.