Friday, August 14, 2009

BOOOO BIRDS!!!



I have only ever been the fan of one football team: The Philadelphia Eagles. Growing up, I don't think I realized there were other football teams...so great was the enthusiasm for the Iggles in my family. My father, upon moving to a remote mountaintop in Costa Rica drove 6 hours to the capital city to wait in line to get satellite TV so that he could follow his team from the middle of nowhere. Each conversation we have on the phone involves some discussion of the Eagles (what with politics and my love life being off limits for discussion). He recently expressed some dismay that I had not been "following the Eagles off-season moves very closely" and then went on to predict the Eagles will win the Superbowl this year (which they have never done) and that it was a safer bet than anything in the stock market. Sound advice.

The only problem with all of this?? I am no longer an EAGLES fan. This happened at about 10pm last night when I heard they signed that horrible, puppy-killing, sub-human beast Michael Vick. SOOO not ok. I actually feel sorry for Michael Vick he went to jail, he is broke, he needs a job. Whatever. You don't get to spend your millions orchestrating violent doggy-death camps and then go back to making millions. You should get the $12/hour or whatever they pay the person who cleans the cages at the city animal shelter. ughhhhh.

I have taught Rafa to sick balls whenever he sees a Michael Vick Eagles Jersey. Vick Fans: Consider yourselves warned.

photo courtesy of 13gb.com

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you CB! I am trying to get david to sell our tickets...hopefully he will think of those electrocuted puppies who had weights tied to their necks and feet and were drowned...then hung from trees!!! WTF...way to go Philly- Why don't we just go ahead and sign Dante Stallworth while we're at it! What is the city thinking?? Just another blemish on our city's reputation.BOOOOOOOOO!!!

Brandi said...

Great post, Carly!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
colleen said...

I was rooting for Martha after she got out of the big house, but not Vick. Stay strong, Car.