Friday, September 19, 2008

8.


8 is the number of times I have moved since I graduated college 6 years ago. Putting my economics degree to use, that comes out to about 1.33 moves a year. I have lived in studios, on couches, fancy apts, and have been a squatter with family members. When I moved from DC I remarked, with some disappointment, that my entire life fit into the smallest truck Uhaul had to offer with room to spare.

I have since upgraded to the next level of Uhaul and it was pretty flipping full...not nearly as exciting as I might have expected. I expect move number 9 to take place sooner rather than later but until them i will happily blogging from my country home!

3 comments:

laura said...

i am so glad that you are happily blogging in the country. with a glass of wine.. of course!

kjd said...

The dogs must be beyond pumped for you to be there. Spinning in circles. I too live in the country (esque), but am hoping to move back into the ci-teee with a few trips of the family vehicle and avoid the boxy Uhaul. I'll keep you updated.

Unknown said...

Remember when we decided to live a life of poverty in order to afford our rent in Adams Morgan to be closer to the bars? And then we walked to Reef that one time and complained because it was so far?