Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Race update

I know you all have been waiting with bated breath to hear how the race went last weekend so I am here to report that it could not have gone better. I finished WELL under the one hour mark and positively SMOKED a 75 year old arthritic woman right before the finish line. More importantly, a good time was had by all and I was able to celebrate my victory with a bloody mary.

Below you will find some highlights. My race partner/future accomplished photographer captured some truly spectacular action shots. Please note the look of utter exertion on my face, races are no joke.



Which one of these is not like the others? That's me entering stage right after and abrupt U-Turn to run a few paces with the leaders. Those guys aren't that fast.


If you like 5Ks put your hands up.


Nick and I off to a solid start. Look at how we are breaking away from that sickly looking child. Taking an early lead was key to our race strategy.

Taking some time to take in the autumnal displays. That's me showing some love to a scarecrow perched mightily upon that giant mailbox.

2 comments:

laura said...

i love all the action shots! you look so extreme! glad to hear the race went well...

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Not only are you a badass athlete, but you also look really skinny.