Sunday, October 19, 2008

You might not believe this, but i can run like the wind blows


The above statement is perhaps a bit hyperbolic. Although I will say things like "I went for a run this morning" or "I am going to go for a run", the more appropriate (read: truthful) phrase is probably "I am going to go out for a brisk waddle later". Though I am not fast and really can't run that far, running is one of my favorite physical activities. It is good for all sorts of things like preventing me from becoming a contestant on the Biggest Loser, clearing my head, and getting me outside. Here in the country I have been running quite a bit, so much easier when there are not homeless people in your path and the dogs are an added bonus...often playing the role of personal trainer and glaring at me when I lag too far behind.

Next weekend I am taking my running show on the road to Delaware. Technically, I will be running in a race. Please do not let that title give you any ideas about my speed or visions of me triumphantly bursting through the finish lane. Usain (not hussein) Bolt I am not. In fact, I run not one second faster during a race than I do on a casual sunday run. The last race I entered I finished well behind a 70 year old dude though comfortably ahead of a pudgy middle-aged woman with a bandaged ankle. Added bonus of this run is that I will be pushing my physical limits for a cause, check it out (and DONATE if you are feeling so virtuous).

2 comments:

Sean said...

FYI - It is Usain, not Hussein. This offends because a. I am part Jamaican and he is a national hero and b.this is the name of my fantasy football team.

Carly said...

usain, husein how am i supposed to know the difference? it will be corrected thank you for your attentive reading.