Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Like Night and Day

The best I could do, I might not be ready for TMZ just yet

This past weekend has been a study in contrasts. On Saturday night, I met up with some old friends from the town I grew up in. Whoa. Lots has changed. I spent the evening in smoke filled bars and swung by karaoke night at the local bowling alley. Tagging along for part of the evening was an acquaintance of my old friend who goes by the name Balls. It should surprise no one that Balls was wearing baggy jeans, white t-shirt, and had a rap sheet thicker than the phone book. Though I did not get to bowl, I did play a very successful round of spot that mullet. Overall it made me pretty flipping happy that I never, ever have to go there again.

I pleaded with my friend to flee early on Sunday morning back to the safe and familiar confines of Philadelphia (calling Philadelphia safe should offer a sense of the misery experienced in Pottstown). It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon so my buddy Luke and I grabbed a seat outside at Parc (no bowling or karaoke). Facing out toward Rittenhouse square, we people watched and snacked on mussles, salad, and wine. Unfortunately, Balls couldn't make it but we did have Chris Matthews and Carson Kressley(check out the paparazi shot I snapped...I also did what any classy gal would and emailed the local gossip reporter)!

1 comment:

Briebolger said...

what were those two doing together in Phila? Is CM gay?