Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I want a walrus

Look at this cute little dude! Well not so little I guess. I think they weigh about a ton. After reading the article in the NyTimes this morning, I have decided that my next pet will be a walrus. There will be some retrofitting to my apartment, I am sure. But turning a highrise apt. into a simulated ice berg can't be that challenging (I know I have have see greater feats on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition).

I really want to go see one of these guys in person so I can push on his snout and blow in his face (they really like this) and become fast friends with a walrus. Philadelphia Zoo seems not to have any of my new friends (a search for "walrus" brought me to a link where they were listed under "diet" for those nasty polar bear beasts). To see one that is not an appetizer, it appears that I will need to travel to NYC, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, or Moscow.

Stay tuned for the Walrus road trip.

No comments: