Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Puppy Love



My roommate, Parker the dog, and I have just returned from spending time in the country (Princeton, NJ). While there, my roommate and I played tennis, got our bikes all tuned for the summer riding season (I realized that I have been severely neglecting my bike as evidenced by its black chain which is supposed to be silver),ate a delicious dinner, and had an all around terrific time.

Parker, though, had the best time of all. He found love. Now Parker is not new to love. Last summer during our country visits he fell hard and fast for my aunt's ancient, yet full of life, golden retriever, Lucky. Lucky is decidedly less spry this year and Parker, frankly, has moved on. The object of his latest affection is my aunt's black lab Mac. He followed him around, ignored the nasty snarls, walked beside him, in front of him, and even trotted along underneath him. He whined incessantly through the night when he was separated from his love. Check out the pic: Parker tried to hop in the car to go for a run with the big dogs. Couldn't take his eyes off old Mac, not even for a second.

No comments: