Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Change is Gonna Come


Here is a recap of yesterday (since there was no post from me to keep you otherwise informed).

7:30am: Alarm sounds with digital melody of "Big Poppa" from Notorious B.I.G. This actually serves as more of a reminder than a wakeup call as Parker has already sat on my head and licked my eyes at least twice at this point.

7:30am-8am: Breakfast and daily grooming

8:30am-5:00pm: Work and simulated work activities

5:30pm: Walk Parker

6:00pm: manicure

6:30pm: Whole Foods

7:00pm-7:30pm: make dinner

7:31pm-7:34pm eat dinner (I was REAL hungry)

7:35pm-10:00pm: clean apt, do laundry, look at facebook, walk Parker again

10:15ish bed.

Are you still with me? Have you died from boredom? Recounting this day is almost as boring as experiencing it. I write all of this to say: I need to kick things up a notch. Answering the question "what have you been up to lately" with a heart breakingly honest "ehh, not much" is not cool. I have a few things (trips and such) lined up for later this summer. But until then I am going to actively start trying to be more entertaining to myself (and by extension to the blog readers). I don't know that I will start base jumping, smoking crack, or walking through North Phillly on my way home, but there will be more excitement and enthusiasm in the day to day! I will not be 24 forever and so I need to carpe diem while i can!!!

suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

Ross Gibson said...

Maybe you just need to focus on being more cynical? I bet if you sat outside your building for a couple of hours, you would see something that would annoy or anger you, like when I am trying to enjoy my lunch outside and people start feeding squirrels because "they're so cute". That both annoys and angers me.

Unknown said...

You've been 24 for way longer than I have been 27.