Thursday, July 31, 2008

Awww

I realize I am a bit late on getting the scoop on this story as about 10million people have already viewed the video on youtube. The video, of course, is of Cristian the lion. A lion purchased as a pet, set free, and then gloriously reunited with his owners. I wanted to include the video but I can't because youtube is blocked (and I don't know how to put videos into posts). The video's heartwarming qualities should have been mitigated by the Whitney Houston soundtrack that plays...but they were not. at all. In fact, I seemed to really let the water works flow, in step, with that crackhead's crescendo. and IIIIIIIIIIIIII ey I will always love youuuuuuuuuuuu.

I was really touched and happy, then enter my ever sympathetic roommate who approaches the scene, sees me crying and then begins cackling wildly (as he is known to do) and proclaiming the video a fraud. I now have proof that Roommate's heart is black and shriveled. This story and video are amazing.

I have long worried because I just do not think babies are as cute as animals and this video did nothing to assuage those worries. mannnn, do I want a lion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if they were able to housetrain him? Had to difficult, to say the least. How does one punish a lion? And not get maimed in the process?

Carly said...

it appears to me that the lion did nothing but love and play with his owners. by all accounts he kind and obedient. discipline was a non-issue. I anticipate my lion will be the same way.