Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Go Fish


Today's post comes at the suggestion of a faithful blog reader from Colorado. I am struggling here for a segue into this topic....As if it wasn't uncomfortable enough having non-english speakers spend an hour handling your feet during a pedicure the awkward and frankly strange factor appears to have increased dramatically.

The picture shows a fish pedicure being offered in the DC metro area (kitten, were you aware of this)??. The deal is you plunge your tootsies into the foot bath as normal except, in this instance, it is filled with tons of little carp fish that nibble at your toes and soles, snacking on your dead, rough, callused skin. totally f-ing disgusting. They say this has been done as an alternative because the razors once used for this purpose are now considered un-hygienic by many health boards. I remain skeptical that this is a better alternative! PETA should stop whining about my eating meat and rally around putting an end to this inhumane fish slave labor!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard of this repulsive new fad yesterday on the radio. Apparently the salon is in Alexandria and it's the only one in the US that offers FishPedis. People are raving about how good it feels. Gross. I, for one, will stick to my unhygienic razors at Lovely Nails.

Carly said...

totally f-ing gross. lovely nails would never betray their clientel like that. stick to the basics.

laura said...

so, here she is my first post.... a loyal reader who has neglected to comment. i am glad you did some investigative blogging on this fishy business. did not know it was in DC... maybe we can get brie to try it before her wedding?

Ross Gibson said...

I don't know, this story seems a bit fishy to me... Zing!

Unknown said...

I think the live bacteria at the place around the corner from me does a nice job at this same task. I can't shake this rash, but my toenails look great.