Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm Back


After a week of sun soaked activities I am BACK!!! (sigh). The shore was great and I was able to darken my skin color by a few shades while my roommate conquered the mighty waves of the atlantic in a kayak. A week of beach, swimming, tennis, reading, and ice cream achieved its goal of fun and relaxation.

A note about the reading part: instead of reading Not Well Advised for school I read The Sex Lives of Cannibals which was far more entertaining albeit slightly less helpful in writing this week's assignment for class. I think travel writing could be my new calling so stay tuned for the carly-pumpkin world tour.

Upon my return from the land of sun and sea breezes I found myself back in may apartment with plenty of the former and NONE of the latter. Our AC is really not up to the task of keeping our place cool when the temperature is 8,000 degrees. So I spent the day as motionless as possible (save for the energy required to fruitlessly call Comcast to get the Tennis Channel added to our package). In the evening, my roommate and I found sweet relief inside the movie theater to watch the Dark Knight. As you know, action films are not really my thing as they tend to be awfully short on choreographed dance routines and Julia Roberts has yet to really break into the genre. The movie was also off to a bad start with a running time of about 2.5 hours. WAY over my typical attention span. At best I was hoping to not be bored. I was not bored. I was captivated, totally mesmerized by the duel for Gotham between Batman and the Joker. Followed it up with Batman Begins last night on TV.

So, that's all for now.

No comments: