Wednesday, July 9, 2008

my day off: kitten, meat, and weeds


I'm back. I took the day off yesterday for various reasons, one of which was to rest and under my strict definition of the Sabbath that meant no blog either.

My kitten paid a visit during a stop-over of her old-time rail tour of the keystone state. We went to Lolita and dined from a fixed price menu titled simply: meat. meat. meat. (moo). Delish! We washed it all down with blood orange margaritas. My roommate was there too and he seemed to enjoy the meat but his alcohol-free watermelon margarita almost surely put him off drinking for another 28 years. He actually said the taste of that made him lose respect for all drinkers. harsh, I think.

The evening was followed by a nice day at the pool (i was shocked that I was not the only one there...who are these peeps who get to hang poolside on a tuesday? and what do i need to do to get in that club?) and a dinner prepared using ingredients from my organic vegetable subscription. One of the goals of getting this subscription was to cook and eat new vegetables (you don't get to pick what is in your shipments). Well, this week that meant dandelion. Yes, the weeds that grow in gardens. I followed the cooking directions I found on the internets and the taste was what I imagine poison tastes like. After prolonged gagging with the offending weeds in my mouth i finally made my way to the sink to spit them out and start the painful process of forgetting it ever happened. Those dirty hippies must be REAL high to eat those things.

In other news, I am not even finished the article yet but already this is one of the most disturbing things i have ever read.

2 comments:

kjd said...

I had to stop half way through the article. Ick. BUT I do have to represent the Boston College Eagles here and say...we are all not that neurotic (usually).

Briebolger said...

One. I thought the article was great but I'm a weirdo nurse so who knows.

Two. I wonder the very same thing on weekdays at the gym. I don't think they must be teachers like Drew or do shift work like me...There is only one conclusion. The gym is full of coke dealers...that's all I can reason