Monday, June 2, 2008

Baby Talk


My birthday fete continued this weekend with a fun-filled stay in the country. There were dogs, delicious dinners, family, friends, and all manner of birthday cake. The whole weekend really was a blast.

In addition to the Mac Daddy I also received several really thoughtful books from my roommate, including one on blogging. The book called "Nobody Cares What You Had for Lunch" offers pages and pages of inspired blog ideas. I thought of today's post though all on my own!

Remember Cindy Brady and her lisp and how the kids at school teased her for using "baby talk"? My roommate and self-proclaimed speech therapist diagnosed me with a lisp in the car ride home last night. And then grilled me on whether or not I had ever received speech therapy (all the while cackling wildly whenever I said something with an "S"). Is it possible that I have gone all this time with an undiagnosed speech impediment? Or is this something that can develop later in life? I would hate to think that I have spent a lifetime developing perfect grammar to have it all undermined by a lisp! Whatever, if Drew Barrymore can lisp so can I.

4 comments:

jdlisko said...

This blog is on fire. You don't need a book to tell you what to do. What a stupid gift.

Also, how does it feel to have one month in the archives? Can you write about that in a future post?

Unknown said...

Your blog is da bomb and is by far my favorite time of each and every working day. Well, maybe a very close second... after quittin' time!

And PS...you do NOT have a lisp. Tell roomie numero uno that buying you the most primo bday gift does not entitle him to be un bastardo muy grande!

Besos cousin!!

kjd said...

I have a real big prejudice against people with speech impediments. It is so political-incorrectly strong that I feel would have jeopardized any chance you and I would have had at becoming friends. Thus, I concur w/ Liz re: lack of lisp.

Although the word lisp makes everyone sound as if they have a lisp.

jdlisko said...

There is fuzzy logic going on all over this comment section.