Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Am a Global Sensation!! Yo soy un sensacion global!!


My morning routine goes something like this: 1. get coffee 2. check gmail 3. check blog to see if anyone has commented since I last checked 20 minutes ago while I was eating breakfast 4. download blog traffic report from google analytics. I learned some amazing things this morning while performing task 4.

For those of you who don't know, google analytics is some techie thing I put on my blog so I can track and measure your love of me (or more specifically how many people visit the site and how many total visits there have been.). There are LOTS of cool reports you can run to measure things like "viewer loyalty" and stuff like that. WELL there is also a map overlay feature that lets me see where my viewers are. I checked it out for the first time today and was astonished at what i found. People in 6 countries have viewed my blog! I am like the new Selena in Mexico where there are 9 dedicated mexicans who have visited the carly pumpkin site. I also have fans in Argentina, Brazil, Finland, and Germany!!! I may need to go on tour and do blog readings in coffee shops.

I tried to put a picture of the google analytics map on here as proof but it didn't really work. you will just have to take my word on it.

4 comments:

jdlisko said...

Do Mexican feet really look like that?

Briebolger said...

I can't say that I love that picture...certain things could be said about your choice.
And shout out...sorry I didn't use my real name, Baby Brie. Is there anyway to switch?

Carly said...

what's the matter with the picture? it's representative of my fans to the south

Unknown said...

That's weird...I just went on a business trip to Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Finland, and Germany. What a coincidence! I wish I could have my fellow fans.