Monday, June 9, 2008

What the Hell Am I Going to Do Until August

A few months ago I laid out an ambitious plan for myself: To watch all 4 seasons of The Wire. I accomplished my goal triumphantly. I grew to know, love, and respect those po-lice and hoppers. McNulty, Bunk, Dookie, Stringer, Brody. They were great. And being able to watch them all successively and at my will, without the hindrances of waiting for Monday night or a new season to start, was intoxicating and addictive. It became a ritual of sorts. Well, in a few short months I tore through 4 years of Wire programming and am now left with a void that has proved difficult to fill. Season 5 (the final season) will not be released on DVD until August. I have done all I can and placed it in my queue. I have attempted to order other DVDs to watch. Dave Chappelle is funny (hell yeah i suck toes) but the show fails to engender the compulsion that the Wire did. I will keep trying. shiiiiiit.

A final note about the French open. My boy Rafa made of fool out of Federerererer and demonstrated to me the many areas where my game needs some fine tuning. Namely racket speed and jumping...those pros just seem to jump so much more than i do, i think its really what's been holding my game back. Oh that and running... tennis involves a lot more movement than I initially thought.

3 comments:

kjd said...

I look at the Wire as an addictive drug. As much as some of the episodes hurt me I just slap my open vein and say, give me another hit. Bated breath until August.

Also, I sweat McNulty. AND Michael from Season 4 is in the cast of the new 90210...Apparently they allow black people in West Beverly these days.

Unknown said...

True Story: Yesterday morning I was walking to grab a coffee and overheard a mother singing 'Farmer in the Dell' to her son. I was immediately frozen with fear. Yo, Omar comin' ...

Carly said...

Les and KJD 2 quality comments!!

You come at the king, you best not miss -Omar