Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To Chicago I Go!


This spring my cousin Lizzy abandoned NYC and heeded the call to "Go West!!". West is a relative term here as she only went to Chicago. But, nonetheless, she peaced out on east coast cool for a more wholesome mid-west lifestyle...or maybe it was the prospect of a puppy, a Porsche, a house, and a charming boyfriend.

Luckily, her new digs afford me my very own pied a terre, the midwest outpost of the Pumpkin Patch. **

I have just booked my flight to make my first stay there Aug. 8-10 (I want to give the designers plenty of time to put the finishing touches on my Lakeview retreat).

I am looking forward to a weekend of cousins, Cubbies, and cupcakes. Maybe my roommate will even come too!!

** Despite several requests from the author of this blog, Cousin Lizzy has not forwarded along photos of my Chicago pied a terre for me to post.

No comments: