Thursday, June 5, 2008

Obnoxious or Organic?


Despite record high readership in the last few days, someone has brought to my attention that the commenting on the carly-pumpkin blog has declined (and by declined I mean fallen to zero). I would like to think ALL of this can be explained by vacations, work obligations, or spotty internet service. SOMEONE though suggests the drop-off has come as a result of the recent DMB posts which SOME people have said came across as self-aggrandizing and boastful. (Moi?!?!?). Anywho, where the commenters at?

Moving right along, I signed up today for a local organic delivery service called Door to Door Organics . I tried to do a farm share earlier this spring but they were all sold out. This place, too, lets me try out the service without committing to a full subscription. I get my first delivery next week! I feel healthier already. Additionally, I think that minimizing trips to Whole Foods will also be budget friendly as well. Saving money and the world all at the same time!!

** All references in this post to "somebody", "some one", "some people" etc. should be interpreted as "my roommate"

2 comments:

kjd said...

While I completely approve of your move towards a healthful and organic existance, I must remind you of the wonderful sample opportunities that are available upon trips to Whole Foods. Why, I have had complete, well-balanced meals at whole foods without purchasing anything remotely meal-like.

Comment.

Carly said...

kjd, i applaud your restraint but whole foods makes me do crazy things. Those samples do little to offset the financial binge that I go on in that store. $10 on cherries, $20 on fish? No, home delivery is much safer.

I respect and appreciate your comment though.