Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My High School Self Would Be So Jealous


On most days, I am not sure the above statement would be true. My HS self would most definitely NOT be jealous of having to come to work everyday. She would be further dismayed to learn that said "work" involved neither a pool nor a whistle. Though she may enjoy living without parents, my high school self most certainly would not envy monthly rent payments...or cell phone, grocery, tuition bills.

Tonight, however, my high school self would be sick with envy. I am going to the Dave Matthews Band concert. Not only am I going on a school night, but I will not be sitting in the lawn. My HS self would shriek with glee to learn that I will be backstage at tonight's concert (one of the many perks of having my current roommate).

I will report back tomorrow what the DMB experience is like not sitting on the grass, drinking vile alcoholic concoctions out of a water bottle, and being able to recall more than the first and last two songs performed.

No comments: