Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A.O. Scott is Dead to Me


I saw a poster for "You Don't Mess with the Zohan" yesterday and nearly puked. I was duped into seeing this movie last weekend by the usually reliable New York Times (I should have listened to my father when he told me that it was a left-wing propagandist rag). The reviewer A.O. Scott does not lavish praise on films easily. He thoroughly trashed the little gem "27 Dresses". I was then understandably led astray when he touted Zohan as "the finest post-Zionist action-hairdressing sex comedy I have ever seen". Though my exposure to this genre of film is admittedly limited, I know enough to say confidently that this movie is the pits.

As I drifted in and out of consciousness I looked at the time as frequently as I did the movie screen. John McCain may disagree with me, but this film was pure torture.

Where the hell are Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts? Cinema needs them!!

No comments: