Monday, June 16, 2008

Match Point


My first round of intensive tennis instruction began this weekend. The picture here shows my newly hired tennis instructor*. Despite evidence to the contrary I do not believe my instructor has been signed by Nike (though I don't think it would be out the question). I also think he has a fighting chance at being cast as one of the Blaine's friends in the remake of "Pretty in Pink".

Under his tough but thoughtful instruction, I really think my game improved. We worked on some forehands, backhands, volleys, and finished up with some pointers on my serve. Of particular focus was footwork. Although I feel like I am scurrying all over that court from corner to corner, my instructor tells me I actually have a very sedentary style of play. hmmm. The lessons are scheduled to continue throughout the summer and if successful I should be smoking my 50 + year old aunt off the court by August (my ultimate goal and purpose for these lessons.)

* Being that I am a real high-society type my tennis instructor is live-in.

1 comment:

kjd said...

I think that the Nike sweatband solidifies the sponsorship. Hopefully your live-in coach can get you some swag at all his Nike affairs.